call us now on: +91 810 526 4870
- Mosquitoes can fly 1 to 11/2 miles per hour.
- Mosquitoes can fly in a mazy motion against the wind.
- If a mosquito lands on your bicep, tense the skin to trap the mosquito’s proboscis-snout. Then flex your bicep muscle which will cause the mosquito to burst from the pressure in your blood vessel.
- There is actually a World Mosquito Killing Championship. It is held in Pelkosenniemi, Finland.
- Beer drinkers are more likely to attract mosquitoes.
- Mosquitoes can smell the carbon dioxide from your breath from 300 ft away.
- Mosquito’s sense of smell is 10,000 times greater than humans!
- Mosquito’s wings beat at 300 to 600 times per second.
- An adult mosquito consumes 5-millionths of a liter in a blood meal.
- Adult mosquitoes can live as long as 5 months.
- Eggs from floodwater mosquitoes could remain dormant for several years. They will hatch when they get covered with water.
- Eating garlic or taking a garlic pill daily is supposed to keep the mosquitoes away.
- The red bump and itching caused by a mosquito bite is actually an allergic reaction to the mosquito’s saliva.